Steps To Hire Freelance Accountants
This question is common among freelancers. The service freelance accountant(s) provide is the easy part.
The hard part is billing, taxes and contracts. Businesses outside of freelancing are also hiring freelance accountants regularly. Knowing the right questions to ask when hiring a freelance accountant is the biggest step towards knowing if he/she is qualified.
Below are some good ways to interview potential accountants. Be sure to ask these questions:
- Are you aggressive or conservative in tax preparation?
- Do you offer business coaching?
- Do you run your own business?
- What certifications do you have?
- Are you exposed to the new, cutting-edge tools?
- Do you stay current in accounting changes?
- How do you bill? Hourly or fixed rate?
- How do you communicate? Skype? Phone? Email? How often?
- Do you give regular updates relative to the job you will be doing for me?
- What industries do you focus on in your practice?
- What is your availability?
- What accounting software to you use?
- What services do you provide?
Of course, you do not need to ask all of these questions. However, these are things you will need to know prior to hiring. Never hesitate to ask. If they do not want to answer, interview someone else.
Your business means everything to you and financial matters are extremely important. You will want to hire an accountant who is qualified, current and honest. It is helpful to establish right from the start how the two of you will communicate, what software the accountant will be using, and how they will bill you.
Remember, the only thing worse than not having an accountant is having a bad accountant.
VSN (www.virtualsalesnetwork.com) has a number of highly qualified accountants for you to peruse. We take pride in hiring the best of the best. Take a look through our directory today and start asking questions!
Article Written By Kelly Martin View Her Profile Here
Are you a writer? Write For VSN